- WE WELCOME YOU to Saints Peter and Paul Russian Orthodox Church! We are happy to have you visit and worship the Lord God with us. If you would like more information about our Parish and, perhaps, becoming a parishioner, please, see Father Basil or visit our website: www.saintspeterandpaulscranton.com , or phone the rectory at 570 -343-8128 (if no answer, let phone ring 8 times and leave a message.) God Bless you! Are you a registered parishioner?
- SUNDAY SCHOOL classes are held each Sunday during the academic year. The sessions are held in the upper classroom at the School-Center following Divine Liturgy. We thank our teachers, staff, parents, grandparents and all who support our Sunday School Programme. May the Lord God help us to learn about and to faithfully practice our Orthodox Faith and Traditions. God Bless!
- CHURCH CLEANING for this week, 29 January : TEAM 3 --- Sandra Wallick, Sonja Czachor, Mary Ann Hogan and anyone else who can and cares enough to help. Please, remember to tend to the Holy Icons, candlestands and the main aisle before leaving church today. We respectfully remind our Cleaning Teams that the assigned Team make arrangements to attend to the cleanliness of the church more thoroughly during the week (not only on Sunday). Thank you and God Bless! HOW LOVELY IS THY DWELLING PLACE, O LORD OF HOSTS!
- HAPPENING NEXT Sunday, 5 February: - COFFEE HOUR is planned! Everybody of you is invited to stop-in at the Parish Center after Divine Liturgy and enjoy a nice cup of coffee or tea and a tasty nosh while spending quality time with parishioners, family and friends. Then head home for the rest of the Lord’s Day! - THE PARISH COUNCIL is scheduled to meet for its regular, monthly session. All Council members are asked to attend. Parishioners are welcome, too. God Bless!
- VISIT OUR new and improved parish website www.saintspeterandpaulscranton.com Keep up with news and Divine Services, photos, links to Orthodox sites and more. Be a website Sponsor for a donation of just $25 per month. Sponsorship forms are available in the narthex. We need donations to keep our parish website on-line. PLEASE, favourably consider sponsoring the website for a month or more. God Bless you!
- THE HOLY FIRE, from the Church of the Resurrection * in Jerusalem, burns brightly in the lampadas in our church. If you wish to make a donation for the burning of the Holy Fire in the Altar (Sanctuary) or Nave (main body) of our temple, please, stop at the candle-desk. Offering intentions may be made for the health and salvation of family and friends, or for the blessed repose of departed Christians. A donation of $25 per month is requested to cover the cost of candles. [A “link” has been included on our website for more information about the HOLY FIRE. Log-on to it when you have time.] God Bless!
- JUST A reminder: Our annual contribution to the Cathedraticum for the Patriarchal Parishes is fifty ($50.00) dollars per parishioner per year. This is more than reasonable (only one dollar per week). Please, actively support our Russian Orthodox Church in the USA by faithfully using your Cathedraticum envelopes. God Bless!
- LIVE-STREAMING, and encore viewing, of the Divine Liturgy is available at - www.stjohnsmayfield.org and in living colour on the radio at 94.3 FM from Saint John’s Russian Orthodox Cathedral, Mayfield, - Sunday at 9:30AM. - www.holytrinityorthodox.com from Holy Trinity Russian Orthodox Church, Baltimore, (Archpriest John Vass). – Sunday at 10:00AM This is offered for those who, for a serious reason, cannot come to church on Sunday for the celebration of the Divine Liturgy. It is NOT a substitute for NOT attending Divine Liturgy in church on Sunday. God Bless!
- WINTER has arrived in NEPA (NorthEast PennsylvaniA)! Time to get out the rock salt, snow shovels, make sure the coal bins are stocked, tune-up the snow blowers, get the chains on the tires! But be of good cheer - SPRING ARRIVES IN SCRANTON ON MONDAY, 20 MARCH, 2023AD, at 5:24PM Eastern Daylight Time! It’s only 51 days ‘till spring!!! Enjoy the beautiful winter! Pussywillows will start to bud before you know it! (but keep that snow shovel handy!) God Bless! -NYY Pitchers/Catchers report to Tampa: Thursday, 16 February !
PRAY FOR PEACE IN UKRAINE.
NOTA BENE: Necessary exterior work is being done on the cupola (as weather permits). The windows at the base of the cupola need to be re-sealed and several fasteners on the outside must be replaced. Please, pray for the successful completion of this project. Thank you for your understanding, co-operation and support. God Bless!
GLORY TO GOD FOR ALL THINGS!
[A word to our Parishioners and Friends: When making your Last Will and Testament, please, be sure to include Saints Peter and Paul Russian Orthodox Church among your beneficiaries. The Church has helped, guided and nourished you throughout your entire life. Making a final bequest to our Parish will help you and it will help your Parish. Pray and consider this. God Bless you!]