1. WE WELCOME YOU to Saints Peter and Paul Russian Orthodox Church! We are happy to have you visit and
worship the Lord God with us. If you would like more information about our Parish and, perhaps, becoming a parishioner,
please, see Father Basil or visit our website: www.saintspeterandpaulscranton.com , or phone the rectory at
570 -343-8128. God Bless you!
2. SUNDAY SCHOOL classes are held each Sunday in the Center classroom following Divine Liturgy. All students,
grades pre-school through 8, are expected to faithfully attend these Orthodox religious education classes. Parents and
grandparents are asked to encourage their (grand)children to attend classes and to supplement their religious education in
the home-life with traditional, Orthodox practices of prayer and piety. Our teachers welcome all students! God Bless!
3. THE PARISH COUNCIL will meet briefly today, Sunday, 31 May. This will be the June, 2020, meeting (Pentecost is
next Sunday, 7 June). All Council members are asked to attend. The session will be held in the Parish Center after Divine
Liturgy. There will be NO COFFEE HOUR or June 50/50 (you know why). God Bless us, everyone!
4. CHURCH CLEANING for the week of 31 May: TEAM 4 : Maria Lozada, Donna Ferkile, Barbara Ferkile, Stephen
Dreater, Michael Senyk and anyone else who can help. Please, remember to care for the Holy Icons and the main aisle
before leaving church today. Thank you.
We respectfully remind our Cleaning Teams that the assigned Team make arrangements to clean the church more
thoroughly during the week (not only on Sunday). God Bless!
HOLINESS BEFITS THY HOUSE, O LORD, FOREVERMORE!
5.A WORD of “THANKS!” to our faithful men and women who help keep our parish property in excellent condition.
Your concern for the maintenance of our church. parish hall and cemetery is very much appreciated. Thank you for all
that you do in keeping everything so well-groomed. God Bless you all!
6. THE ROOF on our church needs to be repaired/ replaced. This is an important and major project for us which must be
addressed. The estimate for the roof repair/ replacement, as accepted at the Special Parish Meeting held on 5 August,
2018, is $43,445.00. We need your help; please, make an offering for the Roof Fund. Thanks! God Bless! In addition, a
second collection will be taken each Sunday to benefit the Roof Fund. Your understanding and consideration are very
much appreciated. Please, pray for the success of this important work. Initial repairs have begun! Roofing materials have
been delivered. Work on replacing the roof will begin very soon! God Bless!
7. VISIT OUR new and improved parish website www.saintspeterandpaulscranton.com
Keep up with news and Divine Services, photos, links to Orthodox sites and more.
Be a website Sponsor for a donation of just $25 per month.* Sponsorship forms are available in the narthex. We need
donations to keep our parish website on-line. PLEASE, favourably consider sponsoring the website for a month or
more. God Bless you!
* The cost to keep our website up and running on-line has increased. This is the first increase since our website began
several years ago. Your continued support, encouragement and generosity are very much appreciated.
8. THE HOLY FIRE, from the Church of the Resurrection in Jerusalem, burns brightly in the lampadas in our church. If
you wish to make a donation for the burning of the Holy Fire in the Altar (Sanctuary) or Nave (main body) of our temple,
please, stop at the candle-desk. Offering intentions may be made for the health and salvation of family and friends, or for
the blessed repose of departed Christians. A donation of $25 per month is requested to cover the cost of candles. God
Bless! [A “link” has been included on our website for more information about the HOLY FIRE. Log-on to it when you
have time.] God Bless!
9. JUST A reminder: Our annual contribution for the Cathedraticum to the Patriarchal Parishes is fifty ($50.00) dollars
per parishioner per year. This is more than reasonable (only one dollar per week). Please, actively support our Russian
Orthodox Church in the USA by faithfully using your “Cathedraticum” envelopes. God Bless!
10. LIVE-STREAMING, and encore viewing, of the Divine Liturgy is available at- www.stjohnsmayfield.org and in
living colour on the radio at 94.3 FM from Saint John’s Russian Orthodox Cathedral, Mayfield, - Sunday at 9:30AM.
- www.holytrinityorthodox.com from Holy Trinity Russian Orthodox Church, Baltimore,
(Archpriest John Vass). – Sunday at 10:00AM
This is offered for those who, for a serious reason, cannot come to church on Sunday for the celebration of the Divine
Liturgy. It is NOT a substitute for NOT attending Divine Liturgy in church on Sunday. God Bless!
11. DID YOU receive your stimulus check from Uncle Sam (signed by President Trump!)? Please, consider “stimulating”
our Parish by sharing whatever amount you can. The extended “social distancing” and “stay-at-home” directives have
adversely affected our fundraising efforts. Your generosity is very much appreciated. God Bless!
Petitions offered up at the Augmented Litany of Divine Liturgy, during the Spread of Devastating Pestilence
- Again we pray Thee, O Lord our God, that Thou mightest mercifully protect us from the devastating pestilence
stirred up against us, and deliver Thy faithful people from spiritual and physical death; grant unto the sick healing and
health, and unto all of us Thy divine protection and help; we pray Thee, O kind-hearted Lord, quickly hearken and have
- Again we pray, that Thou mightest pacify the troubles of men and every fearful thing, compass Thy faithful about
with firm hope, and instill in our hearts quietude; we pray Thee, O Lord, hearken and have mercy.
Prayer read during the Spread of Devastating Pestilence
O Lord our God, enter not into judgement with Thy servants, and compass us about with protection from the
devastating pestilence stirred up against us. O kind-hearted Lord Who art inclined toward benevolence, have
compassion on us, Thy humble and unworthy servants, who fall down before Thee with broken hearts and hope in Thy
For Thine it is to show mercy and to save us, O our God, and unto Thee do we send up glory: to the Father, and to the
Son, and to the Holy Spirit, now and ever, and unto the ages of ages. Amen.
+ + + + + + +
GLORY TO GOD FOR ALL THINGS!
[A word to our Parishioners and Friends: When making your Last Will and Testament, please, be sure to include Saints Peter and
Paul Russian Orthodox Church among your beneficiaries. The Church has helped, guided and nourished you throughout your entire
life. Making a final bequest to our Parish will help you and it will help your Parish. Pray and consider this. God Bless you!]
+ + + + + + +