1. WE WELCOME YOU to Saints Peter and Paul Russian Orthodox Church! We are happy to have you visit and worship
the Lord God with us. If you would like more information about our Parish and, perhaps, becoming a member, please, see
Father Basil or visit our website: www.saintspeterandpaulscranton.com , or phone the rectory at 570 -343-8128.
God Bless you!
2. SUNDAY SCHOOL classes for the current scholastic year have resumed. Sessions are held in the upper classrooms of
the Parish Hall each Sunday after Divine Liturgy. All students in grades Pre-K through 8 are expected to attend religious
education classes. Parents and grandparents are asked to encourage their (grand)children to be in class each Sunday.
Many thanks for your continued and important cooperation. God Bless!
3. THE PARISH COUNCIL (2018-2019) will be admitted to office prior to the dismissal at the Divine Liturgy next Sunday,
18 November. We remind our Parish Council to prepare to receive the Sacraments of Holy Confession and Holy
Communion that Sunday. May the Lord God bless our Parish Council!
4. WELCOME ONE AND ALL to Saints Peter and Paul Russian Orthodox Church and our annual ALL-PARISH
THANKSGIVING TURKEY DINNER which is being held at our Parish Center today, Sunday, 11 November (Armistice
Day/Veterans Day). The Bill-of-Fare boasts a traditional Thanksgiving meal: homemade, oven-roasted turkey, fluffy
mashed potatoes, seasoned vegetables, gravy and other fixin’s along with beverages and dessert (pumpkin pie, of course!).
Serving will begin following Divine Liturgy and continue until all the turkeys are gobbled-up! Tickets are being distributed
to all parishioners; additional tickets may be obtained at the door for a donation of $10.00 per dinner. Take-outs available,
too. Everybody of you is welcome! Enjoy and GIVE THANKS to the Lord God for all His Blessings!
5. THE ROOF on our church needs to be repaired/ replaced. This is an important and major project for us which must be
addressed. The estimate for the roof repair/ replacement, as accepted at the Special Parish Meeting held on 5 August, is
$43,445.00. We need your help; please, make an offering for the Roof Fund. Thanks! God Bless! In addition, a second
collection will be taken each Sunday to benefit the Roof Fund. Your understanding and consideration are very much
appreciated. Please, pray for the success of this important work. A letter concerning this project has been posted to all
parishioners. Thank you and God Bless!
6. CHURCH CLEANING for the week of 11 November : TEAM 4 – Maria Lozada, Donna Ferkile, Stephen Dreater,
Michael Senyk and anyone else who can help. Please, remember to care for the Holy Icons and the main aisle before
leaving church today. Thank you. We respectfully remind our Cleaning Teams that the assigned Team make
arrangements to clean the church more thoroughly during the week (not only on Sunday, after Liturgy). If you can offer
an hour or two each month to help keep our church in proper condition, please, use the sign-up sheet at the candle-desk
and let us know you are willing to help our church. Thank you and God Bless you!
HOLINESS BEFITS THY HOUSE, O LORD, UNTO THE LENGTH OF DAYS!
7. THE NOVEMBER 50/50 was held last Sunday during Coffee Hour. A total of 41 “shares” was available, making the
winner’s “share” 21.5 . And the most fortunate winner of the November 50/50 is …… (drum roll, please) ……… Mylei
Micek!!! (how ‘bout dat!)! Congratulations! Many thanks to all who help support our various fundraisers! God Bless!
8. VISIT OUR new and improved parish website www.saintspeterandpaulscranton.com
Keep up with news and Divine Services, photos, links to Orthodox sites and more.
Be a website Sponsor for a donation of just $15 per month. Sponsorship forms are available in the narthex. We need
donations to keep our parish website on-line. PLEASE, favourably consider sponsoring the website for a month or
more. God Bless you!
9. THE HOLY FIRE, from the Church of the Resurrection in Jerusalem, burns brightly in the lampadas in our church. If
you wish to make a donation for the burning of the Holy Fire in the Altar (Sanctuary) or Nave (main body) of our temple,
please, stop at the candle-desk. Offering intentions may be made for the health and salvation of family and friends, or for
the blessed repose of departed Christians. A donation of $25 per month is requested to cover the cost of candles. God
Bless! [A “link” has been included on our website for more information about the HOLY FIRE. Log-on to it when you
10. JUST A reminder: Our annual contribution for the Cathedraticum to the Patriarchal Parishes is fifty ($50.00) dollars
per parishioner per year. This is more than reasonable (only one dollar per week). Please, actively support our Russian
Orthodox Church in the USA by faithfully using your “Cathedraticum” envelopes. God Bless!
11. LIVE-STREAMING, and encore viewing, of the Divine Liturgy is available at:
- www.stjohnsmayfield.org and in living colour on the radio at 94.3 FM from Saint John’s
Russian Orthodox Cathedral, Mayfield, - Sunday at 9:30AM.
- www.holytrinityorthodox.com from Holy Trinity Russian Orthodox Church, Baltimore,
(Archpriest John Vass). – Sunday at 10:00AM
This is offered for those who, for a serious reason, cannot come to church on Sunday for the celebration of the Divine
Liturgy.. It is NOT a substitute for NOT attending Divine Liturgy in church on Sunday.
12. OUR CONTINUING Adult Religious Education Seminar is being planned for Tuesdays,
4th, 11th and 18th December. The session will begin at 7:00PM and will be held in the upper classroom at the Center.
Each session will last about one hour. If you are high-school age and beyond, you are encouraged to attend. A
topic/subject is yet to be selected. Any ideas? More info to come in this bulletin. Stay tuned!
GLORY TO GOD FOR ALL THINGS!
[A word to our Parishioners and Friends: When making your Last Will and Testament, please, be sure to include Saints Peter and Paul
Russian Orthodox Church among your beneficiaries. The Church has helped, guided and nourished you throughout your entire life.
Making a final bequest to our Parish will help you and it will help your Parish. Pray and consider this. God Bless you!]
+ + + + + + +