1. WE WELCOME YOU to Saints Peter and Paul Russian Orthodox Church! We are happy to have you visit
and worship the Lord God with us. If you would like more information about our Parish and, perhaps, becoming
a parishioner, please, see Father Basil or visit our website: www.saintspeterandpaulscranton.com , or phone the
rectory at 570 -343-8128. God Bless you!
2. TODAY IS FATHERS DAY! We congratulate the Fathers, Grandfathers, Godfathers and all men of our Parish
on this very special HOLY TRINITY DAY/ FATHERS DAY celebration! May the Lord God bless you with
Peace, Good Health, Prosperity, Salvation and MANY YEARS! MNOGAYA LETA! MANY YEARS!
To our Fathers, Grandfathers, Godfathers and all brothers of our Parish who are fallen-asleep,
may the Lord God grant them rest with the saints in the Kingdom of Heaven:
MEMORY ETERNAL! VECHNAYA PAMYAT! MEMORY ETERNAL!
3. THIS WEEK, Holy Trinity/Pentecost Week, is a fast-free week. With the joy and blessing of the descent of
the Holy Spirit upon the Church, there is no fasting this week. All foods are blessed to be eaten each day this
week, including Wednesday and Friday. But remember: the Apostles Fast (Peter and Paul Fast) begins next
Monday and continues until and including the Feast of Apostles Peter and Paul (Friday, 29 June/12 July).
4. CHURCH CLEANING for the week of 16 June: TEAM 2 – Maryann Capwell, Barbara Togher, Mary
Orzolek, Marie Vass and anyone else who can help. Please, remember to care for the Holy Icons and the main
aisle before leaving church today. Thank you.
We respectfully remind our Cleaning Teams that the assigned Team make arrangements to clean the church more
thoroughly during the week (not only on Sunday, after Liturgy). If you can offer an hour or two each month to
help keep our church in proper condition, please, use the sign-up sheet at the candle-desk and let us know you
are willing to help our church. Thank you and God Bless you!
HOLINESS BEFITS THY HOUSE, O LORD, FOREVERMORE!
5. THE JUNE 50/50 was held last Sunday during Coffee Hour at the Center. A total of 37 shares was available,
making the winner’s share 18.50, And the most fortunate winner of the June 50/50 is ………….(drum roll,
please)………….Connor Nee! Congratulations! Many thanks to all who faithfully support our Parish
fundraisers. God Bless you!
6. OUR ANNUAL Chicken Barbeque Dinner is scheduled for Sunday, 14 July. Tender chicken halves, skillfully
barbecued over an open pit fire and basted with a super-secret tasty bbq sauce by our master chefs, will be the
feature attraction. Accompaniments will complete the feast. Tickets for this All-Parish event are being distributed
to all parishioners. Remind your family and friends about this BBQ. Tickets will be available at the door for a
donation of $12.00 per dinner. Everybody of you is welcome! God Bless!
7. THE ROOF on our church needs to be repaired/ replaced. This is an important and major project for us which
must be addressed. The estimate for the roof repair/ replacement, as accepted at the Special Parish Meeting held
on 5 August, is $43,445.00. We need your help; please, make an offering for the Roof Fund. Thanks! God
Bless! In addition, a second collection will be taken each Sunday to benefit the Roof Fund. Your understanding
and consideration are very much appreciated. Please, pray for the success of this important work. Initial repairs
have begun! With the weather’s co-operation, temporary patches have been applied to strategic areas on the
church roof. This will prevent further damage, with the completion of the roof project to begin in two or three
weeks. Thank you and God Bless!
8. PATRIARCHAL PARISHES happenings:
- The Atlantic States Deanery will meet this Saturday, 22 June, at Saint Nicholas Russian Orthodox Church,
Chester, Pennsylvania. Divine Liturgy is scheduled for 10:00AM, with midday meal and meeting to follow.
Archpriest John Vass, Dean, will chair the gathering. Please, pray for God’s Blessing upon our deliberations.
- With the blessing of His Excellency Bishop MATTHEW, the Fourteenth Convocation of the Patriarchal
Parishes will be held at Antiochian Village, (Ligonier)Bolivar, Pennsylvania, from 30 September through 3
October, 2019. Official documents regarding the Convocation will arrive soon. Next year, 2020, marks the 50th
Anniversary of the establishment of the Patriarchal Parishes in the United States. How shall we mark this special
event? Give it some thought and let your ideas and suggestions be known. Contact Father Basil or the Parish
Council with your ideas. Thanks! Please, pray for a fruitful and productive Convocation. God Bless!
9. THE PARISH COUNCIL is next scheduled to meet on Sunday, 7 July. The meeting will be held in the Parish
Center following Divine Liturgy (which will begin at 9:00AM). Coffee Hour and the July 50/50 will be held, too!
You are most welcome to attend.
10. NOTA BENE: “Summer schedule” is in effect! This means that on Sunday, HOURS/ DIVINE LITURGY
BEGIN AT 8:40AM. This will continue through Sunday, 25 August. Please, set your alarm clocks accordingly!
Be on time for church. Our Lord waits for you – don’t disappoint Him. God Bless!
11. VISIT OUR new and improved parish website www.saintspeterandpaulscranton.com
Keep up with news and Divine Services, photos, links to Orthodox sites and more.
Be a website Sponsor for a donation of just $15 per month. Sponsorship forms are available in the narthex. We
need donations to keep our parish website on-line. PLEASE, favourably consider sponsoring the website for a
month or more. God Bless you!
12. THE HOLY FIRE, from the Church of the Resurrection in Jerusalem, burns brightly in the lampadas in our
church. If you wish to make a donation for the burning of the Holy Fire in the Altar (Sanctuary) or Nave (main
body) of our temple, please, stop at the candle-desk. Offering intentions may be made for the health and
salvation of family and friends, or for the blessed repose of departed Christians. A donation of $25 per month is
requested to cover the cost of candles. God Bless! [A “link” has been included on our website for more
information about the HOLY FIRE. Log-on to it when you have time.)
13. JUST A reminder: Our annual contribution for the Cathedraticum to the Patriarchal Parishes is fifty ($50.00)
dollars per parishioner per year. This is more than reasonable (only one dollar per week). Please, actively support
our Russian Orthodox Church in the USA by faithfully using your “Cathedraticum” envelopes. God Bless!
14. LIVE-STREAMING, and encore viewing, of the Divine Liturgy is available at- www.stjohnsmayfield.org
and in living colour on the radio at 94.3 FM from Saint John’s Russian Orthodox Cathedral, Mayfield, -
Sunday at 9:30AM.
- www.holytrinityorthodox.com from Holy Trinity Russian Orthodox Church, Baltimore,
(Archpriest John Vass). – Sunday at 10:00AM
This is offered for those who, for a serious reason, cannot come to church on Sunday for the celebration of the
Divine Liturgy. It is NOT a substitute for NOT attending Divine Liturgy in church on Sunday. God Bless!
15. FOR GOD AND COUNTRY: The Parish Council has favourably considered a proposal to begin the process
of securing a Parish Veterans Memorial Plaque in our church vestibule. This plaque will contain the names (and
other vital information) of members of our Parish who have served in the Armed Forces of the United States of
America during time of war or peacetime, active service or reserve. We ask your help in finding their names,
dates of service, branch of service, medals awarded, engagement in major military campaigns and any other
information you may provide. A sample plaque will be available for inspection before the final plaque is
fabricated. Your help is very much appreciated. Nomination forms are available in the church vestibule.
Completed forms may be returned to the candle-desk. Please, contact George Kofira, Chairman, with any
questions. God Bless America!
GLORY TO GOD FOR ALL THINGS!
[A word to our Parishioners and Friends: When making your Last Will and Testament, please, be sure to include Saints Peter and Paul
Russian Orthodox Church among your beneficiaries. The Church has helped, guided and nourished you throughout your entire life.
Making a final bequest to our Parish will help you and it will help your Parish. Pray and consider this. God Bless you!]
+ + + + + + +