1. WE WELCOME YOU to Saints Peter and Paul Russian Orthodox Church! We are happy to have you visit and worship
the Lord God with us. If you would like more information about our Parish and, perhaps, becoming a member, please, see
Father Basil or visit our website: www.saintspeterandpaulscranton.com , or phone the rectory at 570 -343-8128.
God Bless you!
2. SUNDAY SCHOOL classes for the current scholastic year have resumed. Sessions are held in the upper classrooms of
the Parish Hall each Sunday after Divine Liturgy. All students in grades
Pre-K through 8 are expected to attend religious classes. Parents and grandparents are asked to encourage their (grand)
children to be in class each Sunday. Many thanks for your continued and important cooperation. God Bless!
3. SAINTS Martha and Mary Sisterhood will sponsor an HOLUPKI DINNER TODAY, SUNDAY, 14 October, at the Parish
Hall. Old-World style holupki (stuffed cabbage), homemade with love in our very own kitchen, will highlight the bill-of-
fare. Potato and vegetable will share the plate. Serving begins after Divine Liturgy and continues until all the “piggies”
squeal away! Tickets may be obtained at the door for a donation of $10.00 per dinner. Take-outs available.
Thank you for supporting our Parish Sisterhood and the good work they do. God Bless you!
4. THE OCTOBER 50/50 was held last Sunday during Coffee Hour. A total of 43 “shares” was available, making the
winner’s “share” 21.5. And the most fortunate winner of the October 50/50 is ……………(drum roll, please)…………… Sarah
Ferkile! Congratulations! Many thanks to all who support our parish fundraisers. God Bless you!
5. THE ANNUAL Parish Meeting of Saints Peter and Paul Russian Orthodox Church, Scranton, Pennsylvania, is scheduled
to be held on Sunday, 28 October, 2018, in the Parish Hall. The session will begin after Divine Liturgy. All parishioners in
good standing are welcome and encouraged to attend. Please, pray for a successful and fruitful meeting. God Bless!
6. THE ROOF on our church needs to be repaired/ replaced. This is an important and major project for us which must be
addressed. The estimate for the roof repair/ replacement, as accepted at the Special Parish Meeting held on 5 August, is
$43,445.00. We need your help; please, make an offering for the Roof Fund. Thanks! God Bless! In addition, a second
collection will be taken each Sunday to benefit the Roof Fund. Your understanding and consideration are very much
appreciated. Please, pray for the success of this important work. A letter concerning this project has been posted to all
parishioners. Thank you and God Bless!
7. OUR FURNACE in church is showing signs of needing some extra care. Some repair work has been done and everything
seems to be working OK. If you can make an offering to help cover the cost of repairing the furnace in church, please, let
us know. Your donation is greatly needed and most appreciated. God Bless you! We will get a more clear picture about the
furnace after it is inspected . (The state inspection went well – another inspection, by the furnace installer, will be done
8. CHURCH CLEANING for the week of 14 October : TEAM 3 – Sandra Wallick, Sonja Czachor, Mary Ann Hogan and
anyone else who can help. Please, remember to care for the Holy Icons and the main aisle before leaving church today.
We respectfully remind our Cleaning Teams that the assigned Team make arrangements to clean the church more
thoroughly during the week (not only on Sunday, after Liturgy). If you can offer an hour or two each month to help keep
our church in proper condition, please, use the sign-up sheet at the candle-desk and let us know you are willing to help
our church. Thank you and God Bless you!
HOW LOVELY IS THY DWELLING PLACE, O LORD OF HOSTS!
9. VISIT OUR new and improved parish website www.saintspeterandpaulscranton.com
Keep up with news and Divine Services, photos, links to Orthodox sites and more.
Be a website Sponsor for a donation of just $15 per month. Sponsorship forms are available in the narthex. We need
donations to keep our parish website on-line. PLEASE, favourably consider sponsoring the website for a month or
more. God Bless you!
10. THE HOLY FIRE, from the Church of the Resurrection in Jerusalem, burns brightly in the lampadas in our church. If
you wish to make a donation for the burning of the Holy Fire in the Altar (Sanctuary) or Nave (main body) of our temple,
please, stop at the candle-desk. Offering intentions may be made for the health and salvation of family and friends, or for
the blessed repose of departed Christians. A donation of $25 per month is requested to cover the cost of candles. God
Bless! [A “link” has been included on our website for more information about the HOLY FIRE. Log-on to it when you
11. JUST A reminder: Our annual contribution for the Cathedraticum to the Patriarchal Parishes is fifty ($50.00) dollars
per parishioner per year. This is more than reasonable (only one dollar per week). Please, actively support our Russian
Orthodox Church in the USA by faithfully using your “Cathedraticum” envelopes. Try to give your fair share(and more, if
possible) to help the good work done by His Excellency Bishop JOHN throughout our Patriarchal Parishes in the United
States. Thank you and God Bless! Thank you for your faithful support of the Patriarchal Parishes of the Russian Orthodox
Church in the United States. God Bless you!
12. LIVE-STREAMING, and encore viewing, of the Divine Liturgy is available at:
- www.stjohnsmayfield.org and in living colour on the radio at 94.3 FM from Saint John’s
Russian Orthodox Cathedral, Mayfield, - Sunday at 9:30AM.
- www.holytrinityorthodox.com from Holy Trinity Russian Orthodox Church, Baltimore,
(Archpriest John Vass). – Sunday at 10:00AM
This is offered for those who, for a serious reason, cannot come to church on Sunday for the celebration of the Divine
Liturgy.. It is NOT a substitute for NOT attending Divine Liturgy in church on Sunday.
GLORY TO GOD FOR ALL THINGS!
[A word to our Parishioners and Friends: When making your Last Will and Testament, please, be sure to include Saints Peter and Paul
Russian Orthodox Church among your beneficiaries. The Church has helped, guided and nourished you throughout your entire life.
Making a final bequest to our Parish will help you and it will help your Parish. Pray and consider this. God Bless you!]
+ + + + + + +