1. WE WELCOME YOU to Saints Peter and Paul Russian Orthodox Church! We are happy to have you visit and worship
the Lord God with us. If you would like more information about our Parish and, perhaps, becoming a member, please, see
Father Basil or visit our website: www.saintspeterandpaulscranton.com , or phone the rectory at 570 -343-8128.
God Bless you!
2. SUNDAY SCHOOL classes are in recess for the summer months; however, we wish to remind Sunday School students
and parents that there is NO SUMMER VACATION FROM ATTENDING DIVINE LITURGY ON SUNDAYS AND
HOLYDAYS. Sunday School classes will resume in September. Enjoy the summer! See you in church! God Bless!
3. HIS HOLINESS PATRIARCH KIRILL has given a blessing that all parishes in the Russian Orthodox Church celebrate
the Divine Liturgy for the Feast of Equal-to-the-Apostles Great Prince Vladimir, which is on Saturday, 15/28 July. This
commemorates, also, the 1030th Anniversary of the Baptism of Russia. A Moleben will be celebrated at the conclusion of
the Divine Liturgy. We urge our parishioners and friends to come to church this Saturday to give thanks to the Lord God
for His great mercy and to pray for His Holiness Patriarch KIRILL, and the Metropolitans, Archbishops, Bishops , Priests,
Deacons and all the clergy and the faithful people of the Russian Orthodox Church.
O HOLY EQUAL-TO-THE-APOSTLES, GREAT PRINCE VLADIMIR, PRAY TO GOD FOR US!
4. THE ROOF on our church is showing signs of needing to be repaired/ replaced. This is an important and major project
for us which must be addressed very soon. Estimates for the roof repair/ replacement are being considered. We need your
help; please, make an offering for the Roof Fund. Thanks! God Bless!
Nota Bene: A SPECIAL PARISH MEETING concerning the repair/replacement of our church roof will be held next
Sunday, 29 July, following Divine Liturgy. The meeting will take place in the Parish Center. All parishioners are asked to
4a. OUR FURNACE in church is showing signs of needing some extra care. Some repair work has been done and
everything seems to be working OK. If you can make an offering to help cover the cost of repairing the furnace in church,
please, let us know. Your donation is greatly needed and most appreciated. God Bless you! – So, who thinks about the
furnace during the summer?!
5. A THOUSAND THANKS to “everybody of you” who helped in any way to make last Sunday’s Annual Chicken Barbecue
a sterling success! The BBQ’d chicken was delicious, the fixin’s were plentiful, there were lots of take-outs and those who
ate-in enjoyed the fine food and fellowship. Thanks, too, to the crew that remained to clean-up afterwards! It was a great
day! Thank you all and God Bless you!
6. CHURCH CLEANING for the week of 22 July : TEAM 3 – Sandra Wallick, Sonja Czachor, Mary Ann Hogan and anyone
else who can help. Please, remember to care for the Holy Icons and the main aisle before leaving church today. Thank
We respectfully remind our Cleaning Teams that the assigned Team make arrangements to clean the church more
thoroughly during the week (not only on Sunday, after Liturgy) Please, do not use highly strong-smelling cleaners in
church. If you can offer an hour or two each month to help keep our church in proper condition, please, use the sign-up
sheet at the candle-desk and let us know you are willing to help our church. WE NEED YOUR HELP. Thank you and God
HOW LOVELY IS THY DWELLING-PLACE, O LORD OF HOSTS!
7. VISIT OUR new and improved parish website www.saintspeterandpaulscranton.com
Keep up with news and Divine Services, photos, links to Orthodox sites and more.
Be a website Sponsor for a donation of just $15 per month. Sponsorship forms are available in the narthex. We need
donations to keep our parish website on-line. PLEASE, favourably consider sponsoring the website for a month or
more. God Bless you!
8. THE HOLY FIRE, from the Church of the Resurrection in Jerusalem, burns brightly in the lampadas in our church. If
you wish to make a donation for the burning of the Holy Fire in the Altar (Sanctuary) or Nave (main body) of our temple,
please, stop at the candle-desk. Offering intentions may be made for the health and salvation of family and friends, or for
the blessed repose of departed Christians. A donation of $25 per month is requested to cover the cost of candles. God
Bless! [A “link” has been included on our website for more information about the HOLY FIRE. Log-on to it when you
9. JUST A reminder: Our annual contribution for the Cathedraticum to the Patriarchal Parishes is fifty ($50.00) dollars
per parishioner per year. This is more than reasonable (only one dollar per week). Please, actively support our Russian
Orthodox Church in the USA by faithfully using your “Cathedraticum” envelopes. Try to give your fair share(and more, if
possible) to help the good work done by His Excellency Bishop JOHN throughout our Patriarchal Parishes in the United
States. Thank you and God Bless! Thank you for your faithful support of the Patriarchal Parishes of the Russian Orthodox
Church in the United States. God Bless you!
10. LIVE-STREAMING, and encore viewing, of the Divine Liturgy is available at: (Links available on our links page)
- www.stjohnsmayfield.org and in living colour on the radio at 94.3 FM from Saint John’s
Russian Orthodox Cathedral, Mayfield, - Sunday at 9:30AM.
- www.holytrinityorthodox.com from Holy Trinity Russian Orthodox Church, Baltimore,
(Archpriest John Vass). – Sunday at 10:00AM
This is offered for those who, for a serious reason, cannot come to church on Sunday for the celebration of the Divine
Liturgy.. It is NOT a substitute for NOT attending Divine Liturgy in church on Sunday.
11. THE PARISH COUNCIL is next scheduled to meet on Sunday, 5 August. The session will convene in the Parish Center
following Divine Liturgy. All Council members are asked to attend.
Coffee Hour and the August 50/50 will be held, too!
12. GOING ON vacation? You can find an Orthodox Church in or near your destination by logging on to
orthodoxyinamerica.org . Go to church!
GLORY TO GOD FOR ALL THINGS!
[A word to our Parishioners and Friends: When making your Last Will and Testament, please, be sure to include Saints Peter and Paul
Russian Orthodox Church among your beneficiaries. The Church has helped, guided and nourished you throughout your entire life.
Making a final bequest to our Parish will help you and it will help your Parish. Pray and consider this. God Bless you!]
+ + + + + + +