1. WE WELCOME YOU to Saints Peter and Paul Russian Orthodox Church! We are happy to have you visit and worship with us. If you
would like more information about our Parish and, perhaps, becoming a member, please, see Father Basil or visit our website: www.
saintspeterandpaulscranton.com , or phone the rectory at 570 -343-8128. God Bless you!
2. SUNDAY SCHOOL classes are in hiatus for the summer months.
Sunday School classes will resume on Sunday, 17 September. All Sunday School students, parents and teachers are still expected to be in
church for Divine Liturgy every Sunday and Holyday during the summer months!!! (observe the “Summer Schedule”)
3. THE NEXT meeting of the Parish Council will be held on Sunday, 13 August. All Council members are urged to attend. Coffee Hour
and the August 50/50 will take place, also.
4. FOR YOUR INFORMATION: Tomorrow, 17 July is reckoned as the FOURTH OF JULY
according to the Julian (Old) Calendar! SO…We extend our sincere greetings to all our parishioners and friends for a very happy
Independence Day – the Fourth of July – according to the Julian Calendar! Enjoy your traditional festivities – a good barbeque with
family and friends, a toast to our country and its Founders, and, perhaps, a sparkler or two!
GOD BLESS AMERICA!
5. A SPECIAL “Spaseeboh!” to our faithful parishioners and friends who maintain our parish properties and keep everything looking
spiffy! We are blessed to have people who are concerned for the proper canonical order in our parish temple, the manicure of our church
and hall grounds, the maintenance and upkeep of parish equipment and appurtenances , the keeping of our parish cemetery as the
sacred resting-place for our brothers and sisters who have fallen-asleep in the Lord. “Thank you very much!” May the Lord God Bless
6. “SUMMER SCHEDULE” for Sunday Divine Liturgy is currently in effect and continues through Sunday, 3 September. Sunday Hours
and Divine Liturgy will commence at 8:40AM. Please, note this change of time and inform the rooster and set your alarm clock
accordingly! Don’t presume on the Lord’s mercy and disturb others by waltzing into church late. Come to church on time (just like we
arrive on time for work and school and the movies and anything else we consider important!).
7. CHECK OUT the newly installed protective fence on the north loggia (Washburn Street side) of our church. It was installed earlier this
week to help keep our church safer from any sort of possible vandalism. Our thanks to all our parishioners and friends who helped
finance this important project. God Bless you all!
8. SEVERAL ARTICLES for use during Divine Services are in need of re-gilding or refurbishing. If you can make a donation towards this
worthy project, please, leave it at the candledesk and mark the envelope “REGILDING”. Thanks! God Bless!
9. CHURCH CLEANING this week, 16 July: TEAM 4 – Maria Lozada, Donna Ferkile, Michael Senyk, Stephen Dreater and anyone else
who can help. Please, remember to care for the Holy Icons and the main aisle before leaving church today. Thank you.
We respectfully remind our Cleaning Teams that the assigned Team make arrangements to clean the church more thoroughly during the
week (not only on Sunday, after Liturgy) If you (woman or man) can offer an hour or two each month to help keep our church in proper
condition, please, use the sign-up sheet at the candle-desk and let us know you are willing to help our church. Thank you and God Bless
you! WE NEED YOUR HELP!!
HOW LOVELY IS THY DWELLING PLACE, THOU LORD OF HOSTS!
10. VISIT OUR new and improved parish website www.saintspeterandpaulscranton.com
Keep up with news and Divine Services, photos, links to Orthodox sites and more.
Be a website Sponsor for a donation of just $15 per month. Sponsorship forms are available in the narthex. We need donations to keep
our parish website on-line. PLEASE, favourably consider sponsoring the website for a month or more. God Bless you!
11. THE HOLY FIRE (vintage 2017) from the Church of the Resurrection in Jerusalem, burns brightly in the lampadas in our church. If
you wish to make a donation for the burning of the Holy Fire in the Altar (Sanctuary) or Nave (main body) of our temple, please, stop at
the candle-desk. Offering intentions may be made for the health and salvation of family and friends, or for the blessed repose of departed
Christians. A donation of $25 per month is requested to cover the cost of candles. God Bless! [A “link” has been included on our website
for more information about the HOLY FIRE. Log-on to it when you have time.)
12. JUST A reminder: Our annual contribution for the Cathedraticum to the Patriarchal Parishes is fifty ($50.00) dollars per parishioner
per year. This is more than reasonable (only one dollar per week). Please, actively support our Russian Orthodox Church in the USA by
faithfully using your “Cathedraticum” envelopes. Try to give your fair share(and more, if possible) to help the good work done by His
Excellency Bishop JOHN throughout our Patriarchal Parishes in the United States. Thank you and God Bless! Thank you for your faithful
support of the Patriarchal Parishes of the Russian Orthodox Church in the United States. God Bless you!
13. THE DIVINE LITURGY is now broadcast live and in living colour on the radio each Sunday from Saint John’s Russian Orthodox
Cathedral, Mayfield. Tune in to 94.3FM Sunday morning at 9:30AM. (Also available via internet: www.talker943.com and live-streaming
on www.stjohnsmayfield.org . This radio-broadcast is for the benefit of those who are unable to come to church for Divine Liturgy. It is
NOT a substitute for not attending Divine Liturgy here at Saints Peter and Paul Russian Orthodox Church, Scranton.
- The Divine Liturgy is, “live-streamed” on Sunday at 10:00AM from Holy Trinity Russian Orthodox Church, Baltimore, Maryland
(Archpriest John Vass, pastor) via their website at www.holytrinityorthodox.com On the “home page” look for live streamed Divine
Services in the left-hand column, and click on the proper place.
GLORY TO GOD FOR ALL THINGS!
[A word to our Parishioners and Friends: When making your Last Will and Testament, please, be sure to include Saints Peter and Paul
Russian Orthodox Church among your beneficiaries. The Church has helped, guided and nourished you throughout your entire life.
Making a final bequest to our Parish will help you and it will help your Parish. Pray and consider this. God Bless you!]
+ + + + + + +