CHRIST IS RISEN! INDEED, HE IS RISEN!
1. WE WELCOME YOU to Saints Peter and Paul Russian Orthodox Church! We are happy to have you visit and worship
the Lord God with us. If you would like more information about our Parish and, perhaps, becoming a member, please, see
Father Basil or visit our website: www.saintspeterandpaulscranton.com , or phone the rectory at 570 -343-8128.
God Bless you!
2. SUNDAY SCHOOL classes are held each Sunday following Divine Liturgy. All students (grades Pre-K through 8) are
expected to attend Orthodox education sessions to increase their knowledge of the Orthodox Faith and its practical
application in daily life. We thank parents and grandparents for their support of our Sunday School programme. God Bless
you! CHRIST IS RISEN!
3. A PASCHAL EGG HUNT will be held on the Temple Lawns today, Sunday, 22 April, Sunday of the Myrrh-bearing
Women, after Divine Liturgy. All children of the Parish (no matter how old!) are welcome! This egg hunt promises to be
quite a scramble – but don’t get too EGGcited! Just keep your sunny-side-up! ( no snow allowed!) If necessary – today’s
Paschal Egg Hunt will be held in the Parish Hall if the weather is seriously disagreeable! Last Sunday’s egg hunt was
postponed due to inclement weather.
4. THE PARISH COUNCIL is scheduled to meet on Sunday, 6 May, after Divine Liturgy. All Council members are asked to
attend. Coffee Hour and the May 50/50 will be held, too! Plan to attend and enjoy a tasty nosh and some friendly
CHRIST IS RISEN!
5. SAINTS MARTHA AND MARY SISTERHOOD will sponsor an HOLUPKI DINNER on Sunday, 20 May. Home-made,
delicious holupki (stuffed cabbage) will occupy the place-of-honour on your dinner plate! Fluffy mashed potatoes and an
healthy vegetable will attend the holupki. Beverages and dessert top off the repast. Donation: $10 per dinner. Takeouts
available. Everybody of you is welcome! Tell your family and friends about this event – they’ll just love it!
A good appetite to all!
5a. WE ASK our parish bakers, please, to bake your specialties for this Sisterhood Dinner. Your help is much appreciated .
6. THE ROOF on our church is showing signs of needing to be replaced. This is an important and major project for us
which must be addressed very soon. Estimates for the roof repair/ replacement are being considered. We need your help;
please, make an offering for the Roof Fund. Thanks! God Bless!
6a. OUR FURNACE in church is showing signs of needing some extra care. Some repair work has been done and
everything seems to be working OK. If you can make an offering to help cover the cost of repairing the furnace in church,
please, let us know. Your donation is greatly needed and most appreciated. God Bless you!
CHRIST IS RISEN!
7. CHURCH CLEANING this week, 22 April: TEAM 2 - Maryann Capwell, Barbara Togher, Mary Orzolek , Marie Vass
and anyone else who can help. Please, remember to care for the Holy Icons and the main aisle before leaving church
today. Thank you.
We respectfully remind our Cleaning Teams that the assigned Team make arrangements to clean the church more
thoroughly during the week (not only on Sunday, after Liturgy) If you can offer an hour or two each month to help keep
our church in proper condition, please, use the sign-up sheet at the candle-desk and let us know you are willing to help
our church. WE NEED YOUR HELP. Thank you and God Bless you!
LE CHRIST EST RESSUSITE!
8. VISIT OUR new and improved parish website www.saintspeterandpaulscranton.com
Keep up with news and Divine Services, photos, links to Orthodox sites and more. Be a website Sponsor for a donation of
just $15 per month. Sponsorship forms are available in the narthex. We need donations to keep our parish website on-
line. PLEASE, favourably consider sponsoring the website for a month or more. God Bless you!
9. THE HOLY FIRE (vintage 2017, and previous) from the Church of the Resurrection in Jerusalem, burns brightly in the
lampadas in our church. If you wish to make a donation for the burning of the Holy Fire in the Altar (Sanctuary) or Nave
(main body) of our temple, please, stop at the candle-desk. Offering intentions may be made for the health and salvation
of family and friends, or for the blessed repose of departed Christians. A donation of $25 per month is requested to cover
the cost of candles. God Bless! [A “link” has been included on our website for more information about the HOLY FIRE.
Log-on to it when you have time.)
HRISTOS A INVIAT!
10. JUST A reminder: Our annual contribution for the Cathedraticum to the Patriarchal Parishes is fifty ($50.00) dollars
per parishioner per year. This is more than reasonable (only one dollar per week). Please, actively support our Russian
Orthodox Church in the USA by faithfully using your “Cathedraticum” envelopes. Try to give your fair share(and more, if
possible) to help the good work done by His Excellency Bishop JOHN throughout our Patriarchal Parishes in the United
States. Thank you and God Bless! Thank you for your faithful support of the Patriarchal Parishes of the Russian Orthodox
Church in the United States. God Bless you!
CHRISTO HA RESUCITADO!
11. LIVE-STREAMING, and encore viewing, of the Divine Liturgy is available at:
- www.stjohnsmayfield.org and in living colour on the radio at 94.3 FM from Saint John’s
Russian Orthodox Cathedral, Mayfield, - Sunday at 9:30AM.
- www.holytrinityorthodox.com from Holy Trinity Russian Orthodox Church, Baltimore,
(Archpriest John Vass). – Sunday at 10:00AM
This is offered for those who cannot come to church for a serious reason. It is NOT a substitute for NOT attending Divine
Liturgy in church on Sunday.
12. BLESSING OF GRAVES has been postponed from last week due to inclement weather. A pious and worthy Paschal
tradition among Orthodox Christians is to visit the graves of beloved family members and friends and ask the Priest to
pray and bless their graves with Holy Water (a remembrance of Baptism) and sing for the departed the joyous and life-
assuring hymns of the resurrection of Christ. We will visit our Parish Cemetery this Tuesday, 24 April at 5:00PM and next
Sunday, 29 April (Sunday of the Paralytic) at 2:00PM. Other cemeteries will be visited upon request. [Nota Bene: In the
event of disagreeable weather, alternate dates will be published in the Weekly Bulletin. If in doubt, phone the rectory
(570-343-8128) ; if no answer, let phone ring 8 times – leave a message.
CHRIST IS RISEN! and not one dead remains in the grave!
GLORY TO GOD FOR ALL THINGS!
[A word to our Parishioners and Friends: When making your Last Will and Testament, please, be sure to include Saints Peter and Paul
Russian Orthodox Church among your beneficiaries. The Church has helped, guided and nourished you throughout your entire life.
Making a final bequest to our Parish will help you and it will help your Parish. Pray and consider this. God Bless you!]
+ + + + + + +