1. WE WELCOME YOU to Saints Peter and Paul Russian Orthodox Church! We are happy to have you visit and worship
the Lord God with us. If you would like more information about our Parish and, perhaps, becoming a member, please, see
Father Basil or visit our website: www.saintspeterandpaulscranton.com , or phone the rectory at 570 -343-8128. God
2. SUNDAY SCHOOL classes are held each Sunday following Divine Liturgy. All students (grades Pre-K through 8) are
expected to attend Orthodox education sessions to increase their knowledge of the Orthodox Faith and its practical
application in daily life. We thank parents and grandparents for their support of our Sunday School programme.
God Bless you!
3. WELCOME ONE AND ALL to SAINTS MARTHA AND MARY SISTERHOOD HOLUPKI DINNER today, 20 May.
Home-made, delicious holupki (stuffed cabbage) will occupy the place-of-honour on your dinner plate! Fluffy mashed
potatoes and an healthy vegetable will attend the holupki. Beverages and dessert top off the repast.
Donation: $10 per dinner. Takeouts available. Everybody of you is welcome! Stop-in at the Parish Hall after Liturgy
today and relax with friends while enjoying Eastern European Comfort Food! A good appetite to all!
Thank you for supporting our Parish Sisterhood. God Bless you!
4. THIS TUESDAY, 9/22 May, is the “Summer” Feast of Saint Nicholas. It commemorates the Translation (transportation)
of the Relics of Saint Nicholas from Myra in Lycia (present day Turkey) to Bari, Italy. This was done to save the Holy
Relics from desecration by the Muslims in the 11th Century. Come to church that morning to sing the Akathist to Saint
Nicholas as we honour him on his feast. O HOLY FATHER NICHOLAS,PRAY TO GOD FOR US!
5.THIS THURSDAY is the Feast of Saints Cyril and Methodius, Evangelizers of the Slavs.
It is, also, the Nameday of His Holiness KIRILL (Cyril), Patriarch of Moscow and All Russia.
Please, remember His Holiness Patriarch KIRILL, in your prayers that day. May the Lord God Bless him to guide the Holy
Russian Orthodox Church in peace, safety, with honour, and in good health for MANY YEARS! MNOGAYA LETA!
6. NEXT SUNDAY is the Feast of the Holy Trinity – Pentecost. It is the day when the Holy Spirit (the Third Person of the
Holy Trinity) descended upon the Apostles and Disciples of Christ (as He foretold to them). It is the birthday of the
Church. Read the first and second chapters of the Book of Acts in your Bible at home sometime this week. It will give you
a good idea of what we are celebrating on Pentecost. Be sure to come to church and receive the Holy Spirit.
O HEAVENLY KING…THE SPIRIT OF TRUTH…COME AND ABIDE IN US…!
7. THE ROOF on our church is showing signs of needing to be repaired/ replaced. This is an important and major project
for us which must be addressed very soon*. Estimates for the roof repair/ replacement are being considered. We need
your help; please, make an offering for the Roof Fund. Thanks! God Bless!
* estimates for the roof repair are being gathered now. They will be reviewed at a (special) Council Meeting in the near
7a. OUR FURNACE in church is showing signs of needing some extra care. Some repair work has been done and
everything seems to be working OK. If you can make an offering to help cover the cost of repairing the furnace in church,
please, let us know. Your donation is greatly needed and most appreciated. God Bless you!
8. CHURCH CLEANING this week, 20 May : TEAM 3 - Sandra Wallick, Sonja Czachor, Mary Ann Hogan and anyone
else who can help. Please, remember to care for the Holy Icons and the main aisle before leaving church today. Thank
We respectfully remind our Cleaning Teams that the assigned Team make arrangements to clean the church more
thoroughly during the week (not only on Sunday, after Liturgy) If you can offer an hour or two each month to help keep
our church in proper condition, please, use the sign-up sheet at the candle-desk and let us know you are willing to help
our church. WE NEED YOUR HELP. Thank you and God Bless you!
HOLINESS BEFITS THY HOUSE, O LORD, FOREVERMORE!
9. VISIT OUR new and improved parish website www.saintspeterandpaulscranton.com
Keep up with news and Divine Services, photos, links to Orthodox sites and more. Be a website Sponsor for a donation of
just $15 per month. Sponsorship forms are available in the narthex. We need donations to keep our parish website on-
line. PLEASE, favourably consider sponsoring the website for a month or more. God Bless you!
10. THE HOLY FIRE (vintage 2017, and previous) from the Church of the Resurrection in Jerusalem, burns brightly in the
lampadas in our church. If you wish to make a donation for the burning of the Holy Fire in the Altar (Sanctuary) or Nave
(main body) of our temple, please, stop at the candle-desk. Offering intentions may be made for the health and salvation
of family and friends, or for the blessed repose of departed Christians. A donation of $25 per month is requested to cover
the cost of candles. God Bless! [A “link” has been included on our website for more information about the HOLY FIRE.
Log-on to it when you have time.)
11. JUST A reminder: Our annual contribution for the Cathedraticum to the Patriarchal Parishes is fifty ($50.00) dollars
per parishioner per year. This is more than reasonable (only one dollar per week). Please, actively support our Russian
Orthodox Church in the USA by faithfully using your “Cathedraticum” envelopes. Try to give your fair share(and more, if
possible) to help the good work done by His Excellency Bishop JOHN throughout our Patriarchal Parishes in the United
States. Thank you and God Bless! Thank you for your faithful support of the Patriarchal Parishes of the Russian Orthodox
Church in the United States. God Bless you!
12. LIVE-STREAMING, and encore viewing, of the Divine Liturgy is available at:
- www.stjohnsmayfield.org and in living colour on the radio at 94.3 FM from Saint John’s
Russian Orthodox Cathedral, Mayfield, - Sunday at 9:30AM.
- www.holytrinityorthodox.com from Holy Trinity Russian Orthodox Church, Baltimore,
(Archpriest John Vass). – Sunday at 10:00AM
This is offered for those who, for a serious reason, cannot come to church on Sunday for the celebration of the Divine
Liturgy.. It is NOT a substitute for NOT attending Divine Liturgy in church on Sunday.
SSPPPSBB: SAINT TIKHON’S MONASTERY, 114TH MEMORIAL DAY PILGRIMAGE
will be held Friday, 25 May through Monday, 28 May. Copies of the Pilgrimage Schedule are available in the narthex. His
Reverence Archimandrite Sergius, hegumen of the Monastery, welcomes our parishioners to participate in this
Pilgrimage. We, also, encourage our parishioners and friends to attend and pray during this sacred time. God Bless
GLORY TO GOD FOR ALL THINGS!
[A word to our Parishioners and Friends: When making your Last Will and Testament, please, be sure to include Saints Peter and Paul
Russian Orthodox Church among your beneficiaries. The Church has helped, guided and nourished you throughout your entire life.
Making a final bequest to our Parish will help you and it will help your Parish. Pray and consider this. God Bless you!]
+ + + + + + +