1. WE WELCOME YOU to Saints Peter and Paul Russian Orthodox Church! We are happy to have you visit and worship
with us. If you would like more information about our Parish and, perhaps, becoming a member, please, see Father Basil
or visit our website: www.saintspeterandpaulscranton.com , or phone the rectory at 570 -343-8128. God Bless you!
2. SUNDAY SCHOOL classes are held each Sunday following Divine Liturgy. All students (grades Pre-K through 8) are
expected to attend Orthodox education sessions to increase their knowledge of the Orthodox Faith and its practical
application in daily life. We thank parents and grandparents for their support of our Sunday School programme. God Bless
3. “THANK YOU” to everybody of you who helped make last Sunday’s Annual Thanksgiving Turkey Dinner a sterling
success! Your support and cooperation are truly appreciated. It was a delicious dinner (everything was “gobbled” up!) and
everyone enjoyed pleasant fellowship.
Thank you, again, and God Bless you!
4. THE NATIVITY FAST begins on Tuesday, 28 November. During that sacred time, on Tuesdays , 5th, 12th, and 19th
December, we plan to continue our Adult Religious Education Seminar. Sessions will be held in the Upper Classroom at 7:
00PM. Should you have a suggestion concerning the topic of the discussions for these sessions, please, e-mail your
thoughts to firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone at 570-343-8128. We shall consider all suggestions.
Let us live our Orthodox Faith!
5. THE ROOF on our church is showing signs of needing to be replaced. This is an important and major project for us
which must be addressed very soon. Estimates for the roof repair/ replacement are being considered. We need your help;
please, make an offering for the Roof Fund. Thanks! God Bless!
6. CHURCH CLEANING this week, 19 November: TEAM 4 – Maria Lozada, Donna Ferkile, Stephen Dreater, Michael
Senyk and anyone else who can help. Please, remember to care for the Holy Icons and the main aisle before leaving
church today. Thank you.
We respectfully remind our Cleaning Teams that the assigned Team make arrangements to clean the church more
thoroughly during the week (not only on Sunday, after Liturgy) If you can offer an hour or two each month to help keep
our church in proper condition, please, use the sign-up sheet at the candle-desk and let us know you are willing to help
our church. WE NEED YOUR HELP. Thank you and God Bless you!
I WAS GLAD WHEN THEY SAID UNTO ME:
LET US GO UP TO THE HOUSE OF THE LORD!
7. VISIT OUR new and improved parish website www.saintspeterandpaulscranton.com Keep up with news and Divine
Services, photos, links to Orthodox sites and more. Be a website Sponsor for a donation of just $15 per month.
Sponsorship forms are available in the narthex. We need donations to keep our parish website on-line. PLEASE,
favourably consider sponsoring the website for a month or more. God Bless you!
8. THE HOLY FIRE (vintage 2017, and previous) from the Church of the Resurrection in Jerusalem, burns brightly in the
lampadas in our church. If you wish to make a donation for the burning of the Holy Fire in the Altar (Sanctuary) or Nave
(main body) of our temple, please, stop at the candle-desk. Offering intentions may be made for the health and salvation
of family and friends, or for the blessed repose of departed Christians. A donation of $25 per month is requested to cover
the cost of candles. God Bless! [A “link” has been included on our website for more information about the HOLY FIRE.
Log-on to it when you have time.)
9. JUST A reminder: Our annual contribution for the Cathedraticum to the Patriarchal Parishes is fifty ($50.00) dollars
per parishioner per year. This is more than reasonable (only one dollar per week). Please, actively support our Russian
Orthodox Church in the USA by faithfully using your “Cathedraticum” envelopes. Try to give your fair share(and more, if
possible) to help the good work done by His Excellency Bishop JOHN throughout our Patriarchal Parishes in the United
States. Thank you and God Bless! Thank you for your faithful support of the Patriarchal Parishes of the Russian Orthodox
Church in the United States. God Bless you!
9a. WITH THE Blessing of His Excellency Bishop JOHN, at a meeting of the Bishop’s Council last Wednesday, it was
decided that the CONVOCATION OF THE PATRIARCHAL PARISHES will be held on 15-18 October, 2018, at Antiochian
Village, Ligonier, Pennsylvania. A pre-convocation commission has been established and particular information
concerning this event will be forthcoming. Please, pray for God’s Blessing and a fruitful convocation.
10. THE DIVINE LITURGY is now broadcast live and in living colour on the radio each Sunday from Saint John’s Russian
Orthodox Cathedral, Mayfield. Tune in to 94.3FM Sunday morning at 9:30AM. (Also available via internet: www.
talker943.com and live-streaming on www.stjohnsmayfield.org . This radio-broadcast is for the benefit of those who are
unable to come to church for Divine Liturgy. It is NOT a substitute for not attending Divine Liturgy here at Saints Peter
and Paul Russian Orthodox Church, Scranton.
- The Divine Liturgy is, “live-streamed” on Sunday at 10:00AM from Holy Trinity Russian Orthodox Church, Baltimore,
Maryland (Archpriest John Vass, pastor) via their website at www.holytrinityorthodox.com On the “home page” look for
live streamed Divine Services in the left-hand column, and click on the proper place.
12. FROM THE “ARTS AND CULTURE DESK”: DID YOU SEE the mural on the former L.A.Lewis building on the corner
of Washburn and Garfield? Look closely and you will see our church cupola in the background. The golden glow of our
parish presence in West Scranton.
SSPPPSBB: SAINT NICHOLAS Russian Orthodox Church, 58 Seneca Street, Wilkes-Barre, PA 18702, will host its Annual
Saint Nicholas Day Fish Dinner, Raffle and Cookie Sale on Sunday, 10 December, 2017, after Divine Liturgy (“Blessed is
the Kingdom”@ 9:30AM). Donation: $10/adult, $5/child. Our parishioners are welcome and encouraged to attend!
GLORY TO GOD FOR ALL THINGS!
[A word to our Parishioners and Friends: When making your Last Will and Testament, please, be sure to include Saints Peter and Paul
Russian Orthodox Church among your beneficiaries. The Church has helped, guided and nourished you throughout your entire life.
Making a final bequest to our Parish will help you and it will help your Parish. Pray and consider this. God Bless you!]
+ + + + + + +